Friday, March 19, 2010

Day Two of Plein-Air

Yesterday, I worked on a larger canvas (14" x 11") & found that a little larger canvas works better for me, probably even larger would be better. Day two of Plein-Air oil painting went much better--at least I felt a little more comfortable once I got into the painting. The day was beautiful and the animals seemed happy to have us around, especially the little lamb that kept running around between us bleating for it's mommy. We realized that it wasn't lost from its mother; it just really liked being out among people and grazing on the other side of the fence. When I stated that I was concerned about my color, Peter said don't worry, it's not a legal document. That made sense--the color police aren't going be checking my painting against the acutual scene, so I need to be a little more confident & paint what I see--not what others see.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...